Localization emphasizes your product in the target market
Through targeted localization, you increase the opportunities for establishing your product on the international market – this is why we adapt your content to the target market.
It is important for the success of your company that the products and content are established internationally. You can access a large target group through the global market and thereby enjoy considerable potential for success. We use localization so that you can benefit from this optimally. We thereby adapt each text individually, according to requirements.
Localization includes special cultural features
Every target market is characterized by special cultural features. With localization, each text is adapted to reflect these. It is only with the right expression that the content is able to sell. Each language that is used worldwide comes with cultural and social requirements. The purpose of localization is to take this into account in the translation. This encompasses much more than pure translation. Localization goes into comprehensive changes such as currency and use of the keyboard. You may well have already heard the term l10n, which is used in connection with localization. The figure 10 replaces the letters between the first and last letters of the word localization.
We make your content fit
Localization is about making your content fit the target market. It is largely comprehensive adaptation that is required here. Our translators are comfortable with the target market in question to be able to localize your text. They are aware of the customs of the target group. For example, in localization, the following tasks are managed:
- Adapting the date, numbering and time format to the target market
- Aligning the currency to the target market
- Taking into account the use of the keyboard
- Adapting all comparisons and sorting to country-specific standards
- Adapting texts and graphics
- Taking account of individual legal provisions
Images and graphics are always adapted to the target market in the context of localization, for example, if there is a risk misinterpretations could arise or if individual elements could be considered insensitive.
So that your content can really score high on the target market, we go into every kind of detail for you.
How the mother tongue sells
Virtually nothing sells a product better than the relevant mother tongue. The authors of “Can’t Read, Won’t Buy: Why language matters”, Donald A. Palmer, Renato S. Beniatto and Benjamin B. Sargent have grappled with this as part of a comprehensive study on the localization of languages. Based on the results, it is clear that it is essentially inadequate to use only the language of the country in the translation.
- The study confirmed that the majority of people preferred it if they could purchase using their own language. In the context of the study, it was only customers who had purchased online who qualified. A total of 52.4 per cent of all users indicated that they mostly bought where there was information available in the relevant language. They also make their purchase decision based on this aspect.
- There may be clear variations based on the different products and services. Information in their own language is a requirement in particular for high value products. Besides the factor of the local language, in many target markets it also a question of better website performance. Technical changes may be required if errors arise due to conversion to international browsers.
- Around half of study participants stated that they would also purchase an international brand if the relevant information were not available in the language of the country. However, the proportion is lower in Germany as well as in Japan. A total of 56.2 per cent emphasized that they found information in their mother tongue more important than the price.
Thus, content sells better internationally if it is available in the relevant mother tongue. It is important to keep in mind that not all your customers know the English language. English is indeed the international language but successful establishment is usually linked to the target language. Potential customers are appealed to at an emotional level by their mother tongue and this also sets the course for successful sales.
Do you have further questions? Then send your questions to contact form. We look forward to hearing from you.